I work from home now (which is good and bad, but that’s a different story). Denver is very dry. And winter is very dry. And I don’t think our furnace has any humidifying capability. So the air in the house is almost always very dry. This results in a lot of static shocks. I’m very conscious around computers and things, and I discharge before I start working (typically by touching a screw in a light switch panel). Unfortunately, my dogs don’t understand why their nose gets shocks randomly when they sniff things around the house. They also don’t realize that it’s bad for computers. This results in Kuma shuffling his feet around the house and rolling around on the carpet and then heading for my desk. I can hear the static crackling on his hair. Then he goes in for the sniff on my keyboard tray and *ZAP*. He recoils and the shock goes into my tray and my keyboard and makes it stop working. I have to unplug and plug it back in to make it work again. Good stuff.