– Hides her eyes (like Peek-a-boo) and then shows them and yells Isla! Or does the same thing behind a door.
– Putting two words together: “car keys” “Isla water” “more peas”
– Says poop when she’s pooped.
– Tries to jump
– Mimics us a lot with physical things.
– Is spinning in circles right now as I type this. Will do that until she falls over.
– Likes Thomas the Train. “Toot toot” on TV.
– Likes Elmo song.
– Playing with my Rubik’s cube now.
– Knows colors and can put the rings on the pegs by color as indicated by us.
– Makes that silly face of surprise all of the time.
20130329 – Peed in the potty for the first time! Asked for potty while in high chair, we took clothes off and went in bathroom, she sat on potty for a few moments, asked for a wash cloth and then peed! And then wiped with her wash cloth.
20130224 – Walked to the grocery store and back.
20130219 – Tried to wipe her bum with toilet paper.
- Picks up dog bowls, stacks them and puts them back on dog food container.
- Says “buh-bye” to momma as mommy leaves the bedroom at bedtime and at naps.
- Helps put laundry in washer and dryer.
- Says “waii” (water) and “caii” (car) and “ma” (milk). And LOTS of other words and babbling a lot.
- Starts clapping to Pat-a-cake and sings along (‘Rwow whoa rwow”) to Row Row Row Your Boat. (and really likes all books)
- Walked home from grocery store.
- Sing-a-long at Eclectic Music (and was only child and climbed on the chairs mostly).
2012 Christmas in Michigan
- Lick fingers
- Feed self with spoon entirely
- Take pen and paper and start writing
- Falling asleep in high chair in Chicago
20121026 – Rolled ball back and forth with mommy
20121020 – Went down a slide at the Stone Mountain campground
- 20121019 – first camp fire, first camping trip, first overnight with Morrisons
- 20121001-ish – puts hand up to hold hand while walking
- 201210-ish – gets mad when doesn’t get her way; wants to walk all the time on her own
- 20121020 – now saying “n-do” all the time
- 20121018 – “reading” books to herself on her own
- 20120927-ish – grabbed neighbor boy and held on as he backed away dragging her; gonna be after those boys!
- 201209-ish – gets off couches and things feet first belly down the right way
- 20120930 – can get down stairs on her own by sitting and scooting; started in Lake Tahoe
- 201209-ish – says “hi”!
- 201210-ish – does a lot more mimicking of what we say
- 20120923 – reaches for mommy and daddy hand while walking in park
- 20120819 – Ate her first adult “meal”: blended turkey ragu containing: pasta, ground turkey, tomatoes, leeks, and more
- 20120410 – Saying consonants! Baoobaoobaaoo!
- 20120407 – Bouncing up and down on leg (weird)
- 20120326-20120328 – First-time at the beach at the ocean, First-time swimming in a swimming pool, Staying at a hotel, First time in Florida, Sunburn?
- 20120306 – First evening not with mom or dad. Grandma Linda watched Isla and put her to bed while mom and dad went to a movie.
- 20120302 – Ate my first sweet potato!
- 20120227 – Daddy’s writing this in bed on the TouchPad. Isla just giggled in her sleep.
- 20120227 – Straining very hard in an apparent attempt to poop with red face and flexed arms after 2 days of not pooping
- 20120226 – Blowing razzberries while crying
- 201202?? – Starting to shuffle backwards and around in circles during tummy time (but no rolling over yet; we think she’s going to skip that)
- 20120213 – Reached for my mouth as I made noises to her
- 20120212 – Reacting to peek a boo
- 20120207 – Grabbed her toes
- 20120124 – Hanged in jumper and spun around to look at daddy in office and stuff in living room and kitchen
- 20120122 – Sat in a high chair at a restaurant.